Friday, January 2, 2009

Klang Bak Kut Teh / Cendol was soo refreshing!

Well.. my family and I didn't know what to do for the 1st day of the New Year... So my dad was like... ok... lets just go for a drive!

All four of us got into our MPV and drove on.. and we decided to go eat Klang Bak Kut Teh... thats what Klang is famous for.

We dropped by this place where the dwellers over there has recommended to us.
Does not look like a Bak Kut Teh restaurant (pict above), looks more like a house.. well they can say its 'home made' ;p . I guess sometimes the best ones are always hidden somewhere only the locals know.. hidden away from KL people like us. hehe.. YEs.. We found out your secret!

Here is the shop owner, busy preparing the customers. Gosh he probably makes hundreds of Bak Kut Teh everyday!


Here were our dishes! (From left to right) Lettuce stirfried with oyster sauce and garlic, Dried version of Bak Kut Teh (middle) and the Bak Kut Teh (right).

I didn't know that there was a dried version untill my mum told me. She just asked for the meat only, boneless, for the dried one, while the Bak Kut Teh had everything in it.


Here is a close up... basically stewed meat in some black sauce, chilli padi and the special ingredient, the Salted Sotong chopped up to small bits. Its not visible here though. the Sotong bits are choppedto mini cubes and are buried by the meat on top.. It tasted FANTASTIC!


Here is the normal one that we see and eat.

We enjoyed the dried one better than the soup based one... the soup one was fantastic as well... the soup was soo soo 'Heong' (Fragrant) and tasty! But the Dried one was miles better.


Thus we ordered another portion of the Dried Bak Kut Teh! XD


After we left the restaurant and headed back to PJ, we decided to drop by one of our favourite places for Cendol!


This lorry like thing is located near Kelana Jaya Station. Basically going towards Taman Mayang before the turning left into the housing area to Williams.


wow.. i feel like having one now.... ;p


and this picture of my bro eating the cendol is not helping to reduce my craving for the cendol now issit...

It was just so refreshing to have a bowl of cendol... was tempted to order another one... but I have got Tenji in approximately 8 hours time! HAHA! Can't WAIT!

Tenji here I come!

p.s By the way.. I know I was suppose to post on my New Year's Resolutions. but am not finished with drawing it up so.. as soon as I get it done it will be posted!

No comments: